Re: Va apologizes for slavery...
Not intending to be racist either, but that race card is always quickly drawn by many blacks (especially lawyers). You never hear any white folks in court saying "I was discriminated against because I am Caucasian". If a perceived "wrong' is upon a black man, then that card flies out quicker than a flash.
Re: Va apologizes for slavery...
[ QUOTE ]
Not intending to be racist either, but that race card is always quickly drawn by many blacks (especially lawyers). You never hear any white folks in court saying "I was discriminated against because I am Caucasian". If a perceived "wrong' is upon a black man, then that card flies out quicker than a flash.
[/ QUOTE ]
What I would like to know is why is it when a black wants something they are quickly catered to but when an Indian asks for something they seem to be ignored? I've said it before and I will say it again. The black race has not been through half of what the Indian race has been through.
Re: Va apologizes for slavery...
A great many Southerners- including the people of this area-knew quite well what it was to be an occupied nation after the war. I cosider it an utter tragedy that the South did not win its independence. A friend and SCV member once made a comment, "the last real President his country had was Jefferson Davis"- a sentiment I heartily echo and that is shared by many of the descendents of Confederate veterans. A great many of our people- including several back here feel that way. The North exploited the South after the war. The North was the enemy of our culture and religion in 1861 and the Northeast is the enemy of it today. If Southern people do not want unrestricted abortion, gun control affirmative action, gay rights, and the lot- we have the right and duty to say no. The Yankees and their courts would willingly force these things on the South if they had their way. Just as my ancestors were- I am an old fashioned Southern Populist Conservative. Far from leaving the country- I have every desire to stay and fight the Yankees and Liberals. Southwest Virginia was loyal to the South during the war and the majority of our people are still so today.
Re: Va apologizes for slavery...
[ QUOTE ]
I'm glad to see that brother/fiance chimed in. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]
[/ QUOTE ]
It wouldnt surprise me if this was the most intelligent reply you could come up with.
Re: Va apologizes for slavery...
Says the person who is admittedly too stupid to stay academically eligible at MECC. Get a job, get off welfare, quit [censored] your brother, and go [censored] yourself, inbreed.
Re: Va apologizes for slavery...
You're begining to sound like the prime example of all the things you supposedly hate. When you concieve an intelligent response to anything on here, I will be shocked.
Re: Va apologizes for slavery...
[ QUOTE ]
intelligent response
[/ QUOTE ]
I'm sure that intelligent responses do shock you because you can't comprehend them. It's [censored] embarrassing not to be able to stay academically eligible at a community college. Nobody here is ever going to confuse you with a Rhodes Scholar though.
Re: Va apologizes for slavery...
Did you ever learn to look for context clues in english class? You repeated "intelligent response" but you seem to have missed the "when you conceive" part. In other words, it means that you have yet to provide one.
Re: Va apologizes for slavery...
Again, someone claiming to be pround of being a racist talking about the lack of intelligence in another person. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img] A stupid, low class, bigot, welfare abusing, piece of trailer trash like yourself trying to argue the intelligence of someone else is laughable. As I said before, you wouldn't know an intelligent response when you saw one. Have you ever been successful at anything in life other than being a bigot, white trash, piece of garbage?
Re: Va apologizes for slavery...
[ QUOTE ]
i'm beginning to think the definition of liberal is "anything someone doesn't agree with"
but as for your post....wow...i didn't think people like you and aphrodite actually existed
[/ QUOTE ]
IMO anoyone who believes that we should be apologizing to a minority group which has already been gifted with such garbage as Affirmative Action is a prime example of a liberal. Also you seem to have provided a convenient list of people you can't stand. Funny how 3 of those people are contributors to FOX News, which is the only conservative news network out there...
For the record I most certainly do not agree with a good many things that so-called "conservatives" in this country have done. I am a libertarian at heart, although I agree with conservatives on a lot of things.
And people like me most certainly do exist.. and it's a crying shame there aren't more of us. Congratulations, you learned something new today!